04 January 2015

 Night & Day


Chris Ofili, Annunciation, The New Museum, Jan 2015






I reach to your branch.
I reach around wet bark
and beg to be razed.




Your black eyes burn
me up to cinders, ashes,
screaming on the rock.




I want your hands:
my skin disintegrates
ashen back to earth.











Chris Ofili, _Nirvana, The New Museum, Jan 2015






Your hand on my leg
burns through to bone taking with
it all my tears.



Day covers night
like a woman and her man; he
is taken away.









Chris Ofili, The New Museum, Jan 2015








Your sand skin sees
my otherwise unknown: this
body, dawn broken.






Salamander mine,
Deep in this soil: also
Mine, also yours.










2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and powerful, Mariah.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! may i ask who this is?

    ReplyDelete